WANT TO JOIN US ?
It couldn’t be easier !
On foot, by bike, by car, by motorhome, by boat, by train, by plane – all you need to do is choose your preferred way of getting here.
On foot :
Via the hiking paths (Camino de Santiago, Grande Traversée du Jura walking, mountain-biking and bridle route, GR9 long-distance hiking trail, Chemins du Soleil trail, Huguenot trail and Lake Geneva balcony trail).
By bike :
On the Via Rhôna cycle path which passes alongside Seyssel Tourist Office.
By car :
Our area is directly accessible by the A40 motorway.
The Haut-Rhône can also be reached by the A41 (from Annecy and Chambéry) and the A42 (from Lyon).
We are 125km from Lyon, 40km from Geneva, 50km from Chambéry and 35km from Aix-les-Bains and Annecy.
Up-to-date traffic information can be found on the ‘Savoie Route’ website.
Motorhome parking is available all year round on various campsites and in motorhome service areas.
By bus :
To reach us by bus, there are several routes available. (Click here to see all bus routes.)
- Annecy-Seyssel (route 21)
- Annecy-Frangy-Valserhône (route 22)
- Belley-Anglefort-Chanay (route 143)
- Frangy-St Julien en Genevois (route13)
- Seyssel-Valserhône (route 133)
By boat :
By the River Rhône.
From Aix-les-Bains and/or Belley, you can reach the Haut-Rhône by pleasure boat via the Belley and Chautagne locks. With a marina and stopover area, mooring your boat in Seyssel couldn’t be easier.
With the opening of Anglefort and Virignin locks, the Haut-Rhône is once again a popular destination for pleasure boaters, who are returning in increasing numbers to these 100 km of navigable waterways. So from Seyssel you can now reach Bourget lake via the Savière canal.
Information about the navigation in Haut-Rhône:
- Speed limit in unrestricted zones: 18km/h, or 6km/h on the Vieux-Rhône de Belley and Brégnier-Cordon stretches, along the riverbanks and inside the locks.
- Channel width: 16m minimum.
- Number of locks open to pleasure boaters: 5
- Chautagne and Belley lock dimensions: 40m in length and 5.25m in width.
- Vertical clearance under bridges (except when maximum navigable water level is reached): 6m (except Seyssel bridge)
- Guaranteed channel depth: 2m.
- You must display a VNF disk when sailing on the Upper Rhône.
Before your departure, don’t forget to check the weather forecast and navigating conditions. You’ll find this information on the following website: www.inforhone.fr. We also recommend you to check the inland shipping information published by Voies Navigables de France.
By train :
There is a high-speed (TGV) railway station in Bellegarde. Regional express (TER) trains serve the stations of Seyssel-Corbonod, Culoz, Aix-les-Bains, Rumilly and Virieu-le-Grand.
By plane :
There are several airports serving the Haut-Rhône area
- Chambéry (Savoie),
- Annecy (Mont Blanc),
- Lyon St-Exupéry.